Saturday, February 16, 2008

A Little of This and a Little of That


Today we actually broke freezing! We have had more than a week of frigid temperatures. As this pictures shows the icicles are consuming our eves. This shot is from the second story. My DH says that it seems like we are in prison. The icicles reflect a rainbow of colors. Can you see the beauty of them?


The sun is shining and the sky is putting on it's best blues for us today. I love how the sky itself variegates all the different blues!


The clouds are also trying to impress you with quick streaks as they race across the sky.


I have been knitting on my Wicked sweater as much as possible. This week I haven't had as much time as I would've liked. After only 3 more repeats I can put the sleeves on scrap yarn. At the point I can try it on. If I need to I can make any adjustments in length ect. Hopefully I will be savvy enough to be able to figure that out! We were out last night for a romantic dinner. I was wearing a beautiful red angora sweater. My DH leaned over and said "Is that your sweater you've been working on?" I just looked at him and said...no honey I'm not even finished with it. My DH just saw me with the sweater in progress the night before! I wish I could've seen my own face! Of course he was just joking!


Maybe it's just me......I think it's so funny how I can get so into a project. So consumed by it that the expectations in your own mind are enormous! Ever feel that way? I experience that with almost everything! LOL! Then all it takes is some little distraction. You know....Nothing big, maybe just a magazine......


How about the new Interweave Knits magazine. If you haven't seen it yet you must and I stress must get yourself a copy. I found so many gorgeous projects! I adore the Mirabella Cardigan, Printed Silk Cardigan...... I could go on and on.
Bam! Then I'm off in another world dreaming about all the beautiful images. I start to plan in my head how I could add something different. How about a different texture yarn? At that point I lie to myself and figure out ways to try and knit or quilt more. Maybe wake up extra early in the morning and wash all the floors before work. Or I'll make myself a deal if I clean the house for 2 hours I can knit or sew for 4 hours! LOL!
Then reality set in. What happened to all of the time I had? Really the right way to say it is where did the time go?
P.S. I just want to say that I treasure every comment that you make. I love hearing from you all!
P.S.S. If there are any lurkers out there I'd love to hear your comments too!!!

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Man, those are some perfectly even stitches you've got there..the sweater is looking great!

I know what you mean about finding the time to knit. I haven't do any since Monday night!!! I've considered quitting my job...errrr...but I like that too...and ...it pays for the knitting :-)

Lisa Boyer said...

The icicle picture is amazing. I didn't know they got so big!

I'm impressed that you're knitting a sweater...I haven't tried it yet. I can't wait to see what that beautiful red looks like on you! But don't hurry...take your time. Enjoy the process!

Anonymous said...

Yes, we have had 50 today, the snow melted like crazy, rain on and off all day. Some beautiful blue sky and now windy and cooling down. So happy for the brief warmth to let the snow melt.

Love the icicle!

Tracy Batchelder said...

I love your photography! It's really gorgeous where you live, though I'm more of a warm weather kind of gal. The sweater is looking good!