Thursday, April 10, 2008

Rain, Rain Go Away Come Again Another Day!


It has been raining for what seems like days. Because of all the snow we had this winter the ground is totally saturated. The flooding is starting to take over areas of our property. My horses are stuck inside until the water recedes a bit. I have to keep remembering that April showers bring May flowers. One of my favorite May flowers are Virginia Bluebells. They are so beautiful.



I have been drooling over my Knit Picks catalog for a couple of months. I really want to buy the new options needles. I happened to notice a free purse patten. This Chunky Cable Purse caught my eye. I have seen purses like this for sale at department stores. What a fun purse for the spring. This is the picture of the purse on the website.

I stopped at Michael's the other night after work and picked up some yarn. I chose Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick and Quick. This is the bulkiest yarn I have ever used. It sure works up quick. The color is raspberry. I was hoping to find something a little brighter but the selection was limited. I cast on late Tuesday evening. I knitted whenever I had a spare moment.




I'm almost finished with it. I need to find handles and a set of magnetic snaps. If I ever make this again I will used a wool fiber. I have an extra felted flower that I may add to the purse. What do you think?

8 comments:

Renna said...

I love that purse, and I love the color you chose for yours. The felted flower really sets it off, too.

NH Knitting Mama said...

Cute! I like the color a lot... it's like a muted raspberry - very pretty.

Tracy Batchelder said...

The bluebells are gorgeous. I think the purse looks good. It's a nice cheery color. Do you plan to line it with fabric?

Jennifer said...

Perfect spring project! I love the felted flower. They go nicely together.

Debbie said...

It's rainy rainy here too!

I've had that purse pattern on my want list for awhile now...can't wait to see yours. I like the felted flower...I think it will give it a nice fun look.

Kris said...

The purse is very cute! The color is yummy.

We've gotten a ton of rain here too, today they are predicting the dreaded S word. Blech!

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Virginia Bluebells. Are those on your property? Garden? I have never heard about them before!

BTW, still raining here too. Great sewing weather. :-)

Grace said...

adorable purse, and yes i love the flower with it!!!