Monday, April 7, 2008

What A Weekend



We had such great weather this past weekend! The sun was bright and the temperature was in the 60's. Hooray! One of my favorite firsts of the year is hanging out clothes on the line. Especially our sheets. I don't think there is a better smell than climbing into bed and smelling the great outdoors! I also had some of my work blouses hanging out so I can be reminded of the glorious open air. If you have never hung sheets or clothes out to dry in the fresh air I urge you to try it!



I was able to get some outdoor chores started. I worked on cleaning up the garden. Look what I found as a spring surprise. These are miniature irises. I can't remember the name. My friend Susi planted these for me one year as a birthday gift. I love gifts like that! Aren't they cute? I was just checking on the garden on Wednesday. By Saturday the mini irises were blooming.





On the knitting front I finished another Amanda Hat. I tried to finish it for Malabrigo March Maddness. I didn't give myself much of a chance considering I cast on for this project on March 29! Oh well, I got it done. I love the colors. I used the leftover half skein from my DD's Tudora. The yarn is Malabrigo and the color is Emerald Blue. Come in for a closer look.....




Look at the stitch definition. Pretty cool right? This pattern is on my list for Christmas gifts. I know. Christmas is months away. My problem is that by the time I think of making a gift for Christmas it's too late. I'm trying to plan ahead.



On the horse name game still no name. I have several that I am considering. I like Lady, Elizabeth, Cashmere and I could go on. Her and I are getting to know each other so I'm sure the name will hit me suddenly. This is my sweetie checking out the neighbors horses.

9 comments:

Renna said...

I miss living where I can hang clothes out on a line. My yard is so full of trees that it just doesn't work here. There's nothing like that fresh, clean smell.

The mini Iris's are pretty. My (not mini) Iris's have buds on them, so I imagine I'll be seeing them within the week. We're also having similar weather here, and I'm loving it....just wish my allergies were, too.

Oh, and that Amanda hat is beautiful! Will you be keeping it for yourself? It looks great on you with your blue eyes. :-)

Lisa Boyer said...

Gosh, that hat is stunning with your gorgeous blue eyes! The horse is so sweet--congrats on the new addition to your family. I wrote a comment on your previous post with some name suggestions, but somehow it didn't show up on the post (I guess my computer ate it). I didn't come up with a name that I thought was stellar, anyway--and besides, I think you're right. One day, you'll be riding her, and the perfect name will pop into your head.

Tracy Batchelder said...

Another great hat! This time I'm printing out the pattern.

NH Knitting Mama said...

First of all, I have to tell you - your eyes are beautiful, and the hat really made them stand out.

Thank you for sharing nice warm-weather pictures!

NH Knitting Mama said...

And, BTW, I am adding your blog to my blogroll on the sidebar!

Beverly said...

I'm in Illinois and came across your blog while joining the Christian Knitters blogring.

Love the horse, love the hat, the blue eyes are indeed stunning. The hat is such a great compliment to you. You should wear that color every day.

My own blog is The Knitter's Restaurant where I talk about knitting (of course) and my work with United Methodist Women. You should drop by (it's on blogspot, too!)

Thank you for sharing your craft and your passion for horses. I would love to get my clothes out on a clothes line, but we don't have that setup in our backyard. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

Love the hat, that blue just makes the color of your eyes pop!! It is so fun to get to know a new horse, they have so much personality. Lucky you!

Sereknitty said...

Hmmmm, she looks like a 'Sable' to me!

susan said...

are the virginia bluebells anything like the bluebells that grow in texas? pretty horse...how bout "mahina" or "lanakila" which means victory or victorious...the other means moon. if you add lani it would mean of heaven or heavenly. ewalielani=flowering bird of heaven (eva-lay-loni). i would take rain over snow at this time of year :-)