Sunday, December 9, 2007

December snow.....


Wow, I can't believe that Christmas is right around the corner! It seems to sneak up on me earlier each year!! I started to knit a scarf for my daughter. I found some gorgeous yarn by Malabrigo. The colors are purple, green and violet. Absolutely stunning!! The yarn is so soft. My daughter's winter coat is a classic black wool. I think the scarf wrapped around her neck will just sparkle. The pattern I am using is called "My so called scarf". The pattern is perfect for showing off variegated yarns. I found some great help with this stitch on youtube. I probably wouldn't of tried making this scarf if I didn't see this video. Of course I have made some errors and have had to go back and fix. You would think I would've learned not to knit late at night!!


We finally got some snow this past week. I am loving every minute of it. We got snow, ice, rain and even thunderstorms! I dream about the snowfall. When morning comes I race to the window to see how much we have. I think right now we have about 6-8 inches on the ground. Yesterday my miniature horse Minnie was chasing my big horse Bo around the pasture. She was galloping, bucking, rearing and just plain having fun! It is a joy to watch. My big horse gets a little irritated with her.

No comments: