Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Fireworks with Kansas



On Thursday evening we ventured out to Summerfest. It's held in Milwaukee Wisconsin the week before the Fourth of July and runs for 11 days. Every day several bands perform. We went to see the 70's band Kansas. My DH always enjoyed listening to their music. We left right after work. The drive only took about an hour. We arrived on a mission to get some good seats for once. Usually we stand way in the back and crane our necks to see the band on stage. Imagine our surprise to actually get some good seats on bleachers about 20 rows back. I will have to say that the people watching was at an all time high! Milwaukee started to light off the fireworks and everyone on the bleachers stood on top of them. I couldn't see anything! Yes, I know I'm only 5.3' but that was ridiculous. I do have to say that the fireworks were awesome. They were lit off right over the water. It lasted for a hour. Then at 10:00 Kansas hit the stage. They sounded great. Kansas sounded a great as the recors. Oh no, did I just date myself with that statement? Big smile The only problem was I couldn't see even the top of the band members heads. We ended up standing way in the back and were able to see Kansas just fine. Sorry, but not any of my Kansas pictures turned out. My daughter laughed when she found out we were going to be out past midnight. Actually she teased us endlessly that ole Mom and Dad would be out until 1:30a.m. I don't know, I'm not that old yet! Or am I? Hmmmmmm.




I continued car knitting on Wicked the way to Summerfest. It is great mindless project to knit in the car. I am finished with the body of the sweater. Yeah! I do have to make another decision about the bottom of the sweater. The pattern calls for a seed stitch. I would like it too look a bit more finished. I'm checking on Ravelry to get some other ideas. I am determined to wear my sweater to the Midwest Fiber & Folk Art Fair in 2 weeks!

6 comments:

Tracy Batchelder said...

I guess the seats up front aren't always as good as they look.

Good luck on finishing your sweater in time for the fiber festival. Wearing a sweater in July is not something we can do in Texas.

Jennifer said...

Its amazing how fast st goes when your plugging along not paying attention. That color is going to look really good on you.

Kris said...

We were actually down at the lakefront to watch the fireworks on the 3rd. It was great! I love their show.

Renna said...

I hadn't thought of Kansas in years!

Carry on wayward son

That will be in my head for the day! ;-Þ

As a fellow shortie, I'd probably have been whining, "I can't seeee!". ;-)

Wicked's looking wicked good! As Tracy said, sweaters, Texas, and summer do not mix!

Anonymous said...

I have never been able to work on a project "on the go". You are so lucky to get so much accomplished during a road trip. :-) Kansas... does that bring back memories.

Sally said...

Wicked looks fabulous...I simply MUST get the pattern. Keep putting it off cause I'm knitting so darned many socks for Summer of Socks 2008....Might just have to break down and order it!