Monday, July 28, 2008

It's Good To Be Back



It's been a quiet week. Especially with out the Internet. There was no blog reading. No Ravelry. No paying bills online. No surfing what so ever. In a way it was nice. Mostly it stunk! I'll say it again...It Stunk!!!! I was able to find another provider that would service us way out here in the country. The pickings are very slim out here in the sticks. We feel very lucky to have Internet access. I'm still not sure what happened to our former provider. The company took down all their signs. Even the phone number has been disconnected. We were lucky and didn't loose any money. Oh well. It's good to be back.



I have been knitting some nice cotton washcloths. I was inspired by Renna to knit some of these simple but enjoyable cloths. She found the pattern here. The pattern is a waffle stitch that's very easy to remember. The pattern also keeps you interested. I used cotton Lily Sugar'n Cream. The needle size is US6. The Tribble was a great way to use up leftover yarn. You knit the Tribble on the bias. I tried to tell my DH that I was knitting a tie for him. He had that shocked look on his face when I held the bias knitted piece up to his neck. I had him going for a second!




If you have never knitted a cloth give it a try. Once you use your cotton cloth to clean dishes or pots and pans you will never want to use anything else. Just feast you eyes on some of the colors. They offer loads and loads of pretty colors for a very good price.



It's the perfect knit for a hot summer day.

10 comments:

Tracy Batchelder said...

It was weird that the company pulled the plug without notice. Glad you found another provider. We missed you.

I have that pattern on my list too. I think your cloths look great!

Jennifer said...

Yea, I'm glad you've got reliable internet now. Love this dishcloth cotton. My favorite is the ballband dishcloth. It is great for cleaning and as a potholder. I have about 7. I like your cloths too. And the scrubby. Perfect summer knitting.

Sally said...

So glad you are back up and running. Our internet service has been down since last Wednesday...using the one at work helps for now, till they figure out what's wrong with their equipment!! Gah!!!!!!! I just recently made a dishcloth out of cotton...love it! I'm intrigued by the ballband pattern...it's in my queue!

Renna said...

You were missed, Barbara!

I have a blogging friend who lives in west Texas, also in a rural area. She has had similar type problems with getting and obtaining internet service in recent years. Even though our town is small, I guess I should be thankful that our local service providers are stable.

I love your cloths! I'm still knitting dishcloths. In our 100+ temperatures, it's the only thing I feel drawn to knit these days. I sit inside in my air-conditioned house and knit dishcloths. Not a very exciting title for "How I Spent My Summer Vacation"! ;-Þ

Jenny Girl said...

Thank goodness you found another provider. Although I live in Philly, I still use the internet for lots of things. How did we get along without it?
Have a great day!

Eve said...

I would start to panic if my internet went down but not as much as I use too when I was selling on eBay. I was always afraid I was going to get a negative as a seller. I never did but it was scary.

I lvoe that beautiful picture at the top.

Where do you find such pretty colors? All mine look so harsh compared to those.

Eve said...

Ooops...You did say where you got it..."Sugar and Cream" sounds soft. I will see if I can find it. I haven't shopped for yarn in ages. I don't knit fitted orlarge items, just shawls and belts, and no pattern doll clothes, that sort of thing.

Grace said...

sso very glad to see you back, I love cloths, and have designed a few, they are quick easy and have lots of uses!!!

Eve said...

Thanks for coming to my blog and letting me know where to buy that pretty yarn. I appreciate it.

susan said...

at least you are back.........the day we put the gammill together our internet was down and wound up costing me much frustration and time this past thursday. i made a total rookie mistake but their picture online sucks and all three layers are white so you cant tell which is which...anyway...i got it all straightened out and on monday i quilted a queen size quilt with a large overall meandering. it turned out great. so good to use the machine after so long. just like riding a bicycle i suppose. tomarrow a.m. i will bind it and then i take to our weekly quilt gathereing. it is for a habitate house. at least the gals get to see a sample of my more simple machine quilting. i think i will do good business here. loved all those lovely balls of yarn....