Thursday, July 3, 2008

Lots of Lace



Gust is coming along little by little. I am really enjoying the process. I am amazed that little ole me is actually knitting lace! So far so good. I had done about 13 repeats of the 12 row pattern. Each repeat takes about an hour to knit. I know I'm slow. Thanks o.k. I really don't want to hurry. Whenever I hurry that's when I make mistakes. Come in for a little closer look.





The pattern is so interesting and has great texture. It really looks like waves. I have never blocked anything before. I suppose the lace will totally change after It's soaked and blocked.






I won an on-line contest on Ravelry last week. This was my score. I opened up the box and was so surprised to find my winnings wrapped up in this cool wrapping paper. Thinking of the blog, I had to take a picture to show you.





I recieved this very informative book. Sew U by Wendy Mullin is a guide to sewing your own wardrobe. What a great book. Now if I could only find a book on how to make your own Time Machines.....

9 comments:

Sally said...

If you find a book about making one's own time machines, I want a copy! I simply do NOT have enough time in a day to get everything done that I want. Love the lace. I'm working on a lace scarf...like you, I'm quite proud of my accomplishments. Have a wonderful 4th of July!

Jennifer said...

Gust is coming along nicely! And I love Wendy's books. What a great score.

Tracy Batchelder said...

I'm never fast at knitting when it comes to lace. Looks great!

knitspot anne said...

wow, your gust is coming along great! you are SO a lace knitter . . and the slower you go the more time to enjoy it, right?

Renna said...

Gust is looking Gorgeous! :-)

How neat that you won-a real blessing!

You're right, that wrapping paper is adorable! :-)

NH Knitting Mama said...

Your lace is coming out beautifully! I like the yarn, too.

susan said...

the wrapping paper is great. love the lace...love the colors. i have to go to the basement and dye some yardage for background for victoria's puuleileihua quilt. the white one is almost done and will hang on a wall, her first background is sky blue, next comes pale pale pink and then a soft lavendar...cant wait to start cutting and working on some more of these blocks. since i went to the pain clinic and they put me back on the morphine i have been as productive as the preverbial three armed paper hanger. and i feel better mentally. gotta get back to work.....

Mim said...

Oh I've heard great things about that book. You'll have to let me know how it is.

Jenny Girl said...

Well congrats on your winning. I know you will really enjoy that book.
Gust is coming along nicely. I think it will really different after blocking, but it's a good different. I like the colors of the yarn.